Thursday, September 22, 2011

Where's the Crack?

Before I let yall know where the crack is, first a list of things I've found in the dorms as I've been cleaning:


  • 17 cents
  • 1 universal adapter (which is great because I left mine at home)
  • 1 bottle of Budweiser (the American kind, though made by Guinness here)
Overall I've put these things to good use, especially in charging my phone, which I'm not using as a phone at all but as a watch.  Why not get a watch?  I hate wearing things on my wrists.

As for where's the crack:

It's an odd question you'll be asked here.  "Where's the crack?"  Uh, I'm quite sorry, I'm new here so I don't know, but when you do find the crack, if you could find me some meth, that would be grand.

There is another variant:  "What's the crack?"

Equally, well, perhaps more confusing.  What is the crack and where is it?  Are we all not crack?  The crack is what you make it.  I always answer "drugs."  And then they explain to me:

It's craic not crack.  Basically instead of saying, what's going on or what's happening, in Ireland they ask where/what the craic is?  It's getting smoked, dear Irishman.  It's getting smoked.  The craic is crack.

No comments:

Post a Comment